If you are looking for Turkey Hat Template for kids, you have come to the right place. We have provided free to print, cut and play templates. Download and use it for your kids.
The Close Association of Thanksgiving and Turkeys
You might often have wondered about the significance of turkeys during Thanksgiving. After all, such a revered dish is bound to have some connection with the holiday. If you think so, you’re absolutely right. There is a simple albeit great story that beautifully explains the bond that turkeys share with Thanksgiving. And it goes something like this.
The earliest celebration of Thanksgiving dates back to the 17th century. More specifically to the year 1621. Pilgrims and Indians, happy with their successful harvest, wanted to express their gratitude towards the almighty. To do the same, they set out to prepare a feast where they could show their thankfulness while enjoying the festivities of the celebration.
The turkey is a native bird of North America. Hence, it was readily found and in abundance. This made it an easy game for colonists. This simple reason slowly molded into the primary reason why Turkey is the official bird cooked during Thanksgiving. Over time, the bird was idolized and it became the perfect choice of food for the holiday.
However, turkeys aren’t popular in Thanksgiving only as a desired cuisine. There is another reason why they are so revered on this glorious holiday. This reason is turkey hats. A turkey hat is a popular headgear that everyone loves to wear during this time. So, what are these turkey hats, you might ask. Let’s find out.
Countless people across the world celebrate the Thanksgiving holiday. However, not everyone is matured enough to learn about the origins of the holiday. In fact, they might not even know about the festival that they’re celebrating. Yes! We are talking about children. However, this doesn’t mean that cannot participate in the enthusiasm of the holiday.
With turkey hats, you can ensure the same. Turkey hats are traditional headgears worn by people during the season of Thanksgiving. These hats ensure that kids and elders alike can dive deep into the festivities without needing to understand the reason why they’re doing so. As a result, they are the best way that you could invest your time in for your kids’ joy.
You already know everything there is, to know about Thanksgiving. Now, let’s get deep into the crux of why you’re really here. It is time that we learned how to create one of these goofy, little turkey hats.
Preparation The Materials
Making a turkey hat is quite as difficult as you might presume. In fact, you can find all the materials that you require within your home. Let’s catalog and see if you might have some of the tools required for creating that perfect turkey hat template. Few of these materials include:
- Construction papers of various colors – preferably brown, red, and orange
- Black marker
- A stapler
Go on now. Check if you have all these materials. And once you do, return and we’ll get the materials ready for use. Don’t worry, we’ll still be here to assist you with the process.
What, you already procured them? Fantastic! Let’s prepare them and hasten the process of making the headband. Here’s what you need to do:
- Get that brown construction paper and cut a long strip of it. In our process, we made the strips three-by-eighteen inches each. If you want, you can follow the same.
- Repeat the same process for the construction papers as well as the other colors as well. If you want, you can make these strips super-long, irrespective of the sizes that we mentioned above. Just use some longer construction paper, and you’re good to go.
- From the remaining construction paper, cut a large circle. This circle will serve as the turkey’s head. If you want, you can use the templates that are consequently provided within this article.
- Finally, you need to cut out small orange and red circles. These orange circles will be used for the turkey beaks. The red circles will be used as red teardrops for the snood. If you face difficulties while making the snoods, don’t worry. Templates have been provided for them as well.
And there it is. You have all the pre-requisites for making the turkey hat. Now, it is time to start working on the same.
Steps For Making The DIY Turkey Headband
If you liked our templates … check out the below free printables:Crown Template for Kids
Turkey Feather Template for Kids
Let’s go on then. No time to waste. Let’s get into the essential part and start making the turkey hat as well. Preferably, invite your children into this activity as well. They are sure to enjoy the process equally as much as the final turkey hat as well. Alright then! That’s enough talk. Let’s dig in and get familiarized with the steps for creating the turkey headband:
- Start by measuring the brown headband strips around the heads of your children. If they fit right, perfect! If they don’t cut down the headband according to their head size.
- Now, lay the brown headbands on a table. Make turkey faces on the headband the brown circles. If you want, you can use the marker to add the eye and other such delicate features. Add beaks using the orange construction paper and the snoods with the red paper.
- Its time for the feathers now. Use the remaining colorful paper strips for the task. Fold the strips in half gently. Take care not to make a crease in the middle as you’re folding the strips. Attach these folded strips around the brown headband.
- Use the stapler to make sure that these feathers are now attached to the place.
- By now, most of your turkey headband should already be in place. Finish the hat by stapling the ends of the hat to form it into a hat. Use the measurements that you took earlier for this.
And that’s all. Your DIY headband is in place now. Let your children dress up with it and goof around your home while you prepare for the holiday. In fact, let the grandparents wear these and goof around with the children as well. If they are like the other grandparent-grandchild duos that we know of, they are bound to wear those hats for the entire day.
Printable Turkey Craft Template
We promised before that we would provide the printable turkey hat templates. Here they are. With these templates, you will be able to ease the entire process and make it slightly easier for you as well as for your kids.
Uses Of Turkey Hats
So, we have covered most of the aspects associated with turkey hats. However, there is still one aspect that we are yet to cover. That is the various other ways of using these turkey hats. Our guidelines above are universal. They will help you to design all types of turkey hats that you want.
Now, it is time to see the ways in which you can use these turkey hats. There are innumerous ways in which you can use these hats. Here are some of those ways:
- Turkey Hat With Wings – With the Turkey Hat With Wings form, you could use the turkey hat to show as if it were flying. This can be easily done with the help of gigantic wings.
- Handprint Turkey Wings – Handprint turkey wings are one of the ingenious ways of designing a turkey hat. In this method, you use the hand impression of your little one to design a beautiful turkey wing. This process makes the entire activity even more exciting.
- Sponge-Painted Turkey Hats – The name of these turkey hats accurately describe them. They are created with the help of a sponge and a combination of bright colors. In this way, you can create a turkey that really enhances your turkey hat and makes it even more vibrant.
- Turkey Pop-Up Hats – In our opinion, the turkey pop-up hats are one of the cutest hats that you can get your hands on. Created on a paper plate, the turkey headband stands upon your plate. And instead of using a headband, you create a hole within this plate and place it upon your child’s head.
- Turkey Cone Party Hats – Remember those cone party hats that your child was gleefully wearing at his/her birthday. What if we told you that you could give him/her that experience again? The procedure of making the turkey hat still remains the same. The only difference lies in the fact that instead of creating a headband, your child will be using a cone party hat.