Primary and elementary kids can try these science experiments which we have done and classified in section 7 – 9 years old. These are simple ideas which you can try at home or at school with your kids. All are easy but effective and you can teach science in the simplest manner. Regularly visit my page to get ideas instantly. You can also subscribe my page and I will send you updates frequently.
Fun Science & STEM Activities for 7-9 Year Olds
Want even MORE science fun?
We have taken some efforts to collect science activities which can be done at home and educate kids about science concepts. Made your life easy by giving the link below. Check them out and make your growing kid a scientist.
- What Do We Do All Day teaches you to make your own zoom ball and all is done with inertia. You can now decorate with your own creativity to add more fun.
- Now making magnetic slime at home is possible. Try the steps given by Frugal Fun for Boys and Girls to make fun at home with your little lad or lady.
- Water wheels in 3 ways can be tried to get an opinion from a kid about which is the best. JDaniel4’s Mom did the same and you can now do it.
- Making a boat with vinegar and baking soda is really a powered experiment. Vinegar is that ingredient which adds power. Sugar Aunts presented this novel idea.
- Now witness hurricane inside the bottle. No, you need two bottles. Try this to teach astronomy lessons to kids. “My Joy Filled Life” teaches about weather using this experiment.
- Wind Anemometer at home can happen quickly with “There’s Just One Mommy” idea. You can also become that one special mom to your kid.
- LED Lights with magnetism can help make constellations at home. Glowing lights add brightness to your project. Presented by Buggy and Buddy.
- Even using loom bands now it is possible to create constellations. Yes, on a geoboard by following instructions given in From School Time Snippets.
- Skeletons on a board. A 7-year-old can draw but for that, you need to make a board that looks like a body. With this experiment, kids can master about bones and also understand body organs. “Fantastic Fun and Learning” made this to add a kick to their Halloween party.
- “Planet Smarty Pants” has ideas for kids to find different substances. You can now challenge your kids with this experiment to find substances.
- Rock testing and limestone, most interesting geology lesson. “KC Edventures” has made it possible with things available at home.
- With some store-bought supplies you can move to the next level and see fizzling and bubbling from sedimentary rocks. Beware and exercise caution wear goggles and don’t miss the fin. Source: Preschool Powol Packets.
- Make noisemakers and they will spin too. Sound and noise lessons can be mastered within no time with this experiment. Source: What Do We Do All Day?
- We did boat powered by vinegar and now try this one and power your boat with a balloon as JDaniel4’s Mom did.
- Indicate pH just with cabbage. Don’t stop and continue to play with base and acid available naturally on food products to make potions that change color. Mastermind behind this activity is: What Do We Do All Day?
- Make a cartesian diver yourself. This will help teach buoyancy lessons to kids. There are different versions you can try from the following sites.
- Buggy and Buddy – Cartesian Diver
- JDaniel4’s Mom – Lego man sinks and floats
- Schooling A Monkey – Diving Fish
- Some animals are sensitive to UV light. We need to build a shelter for them and protect them. Try this and also test them with beads sensitive to UV lights. Source: Buggy and Buddy.
- Explore about liquids even if you don’t know about them. It’s time to not only think but to act like a scientist. You child is nearing 10 yrs and teach them this way of thinking Just as Planet Smarty Pants.
- Making Borax crystals are possible and do you know how? Check out few from our site Also try from One Creative Mommy and Little Bins for Little Hands. Same concept but different methods tried. So we would want you to try all of them.
- NurtureStore explains about crystals and alums. We call it diamond making tutorial.
- Explode with Mentos and Coke. Sounding great na? Yes, the explosion is always excitement to kids. The Check out all three methods demonstrated by Lemon Lime Adventures.
- Without mercury, you can make a thermometer. Source: What Do We Do All Day?
- Even take kids for outdoor activity and launch a rocket with PVC pipes. Proudly presented by Preschool Powol Packets.
- For those crafty kids, you can teach them circuits and electronics. Just like Artsy Momma did by making a birthday card which will light up when you make a wish.
- Cool! igloo house presented by Preschool Powol Packets. Bit of science and engineering skills are required. But loads of patience and fine motor skills are a must.
- Springtime activity to make fertilizer at home. The idea presented by Planet Smarty Pants.
- Flower anatomy can be explored during this spring using KC Edventures post. Also, NurtureStore published a similar post with the name daffodils spring science.
- Twist the soda can but without touching. Yes, a magical twist. Teach physics this way during this summer vacation. Source: Kids Minds.
- Chemistry, periodic table, and potion all can be taught in one shot. Follow this NurtureStore steps.
Want even, EVEN more?
You can find more experiments, ideas, and activities by browsing out 5-6 yrs old activity page and they are relevant to your 7+-year-old kids. But you can adjust some portion and make it challenging to the bigger ones.
Ask 7+-year-old kids to document the work. Observe variables and also hypothesize some ideas. Be with them and that is the best way to polish their skills.